Monday, January 14, 2013

Pinterest: Creamy Crockpot Hot Chocolate

I had every intention of posting this before Christmas, and then before New Year's......Well here we are weeks later. But hey, winter doesn't really hit until after the holidays are over. So why not treat your family to  some yummy hot chocolate?!

I have made this recipe 4 times, and I think I love it more each time. The downside, it makes a lot, and it is rich. So I don't make it as often as I would like to drink it. :) You can only drink about 2 cups in one sitting because it is so rich, so keep that in mind.

Here are some tips:
    It only takes 2 hours in the crockpot. After an hour you will think you need to turn it up to high because it isn't coming together. Leave it on LOW! It will work in 2 hours, I promise.
    Also, use whatever chocolate chips you like to make your 2 cups. It is very sweet, so if you like more of the semi-sweet taste use those instead. The last time I made it I used 1 cup of milk chocolate and 1 cup white chocolate. It is was AMAZING! My husband said it was the best with white chocolate. So play around with it.
    If you don't drink it all at once you can refrigerate it. I just poured the leftovers into a glass bowl and stored it covered in the refrigerator. When I wanted a cup, I just took out what I wanted and heated it a cup at a time. It was still just as good!

Creamy Crockpot Hot Chocolate
Serves: 8 or more depending on serving size
  • 1.5 cups whipping cream
  • 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
  • 6 cups milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups of chocolate chips (milk chocolate OR semi-sweet depending on how sweet you like it. I have a heck of a sweet tooth, and I love the milk chocolate, but others prefer the semi-sweet)
Instructions
Stir together the whipping cream, milk, vanilla, and chocolate chips in a crockpot.
Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until mixture is hot and chocolate chips are melted. Stir again before serving. Garnish as desired.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily