Friday, January 20, 2012

Mandarin Chicken


  This is one of our favorite recipes.  I adapted it from Panda Express' Mandarin Chicken Recipe found Top Secret Recipes many years ago (I like my version better).

 Part of the reason we love it is it's so easy to make.  Just throw everything in the Crock Pot let it cook, add some rice and you're ready to go.  Even my teenage boys can make this.

















This is the kind of garlic and ginger I use.  I buy it at the grocery store or Walmart and it lasts in the fridge for many months.  We make this recipe at least once a month.  The recipe calls for Chicken Thighs and these taste much better than chicken breasts.  They handle the long term cooking better and stay moist.  I buy them at Costco in the large bags and keep them on hand.








I cooked this recipe while I was at work which is why it is a little dark.  I like it better when it's cooked on high for 3-4 hours.  This is a no-fail recipe - try it - it is definitely a family pleaser recipe.
MANDARIN CHICKEN (PANDA EXPRESS)

1 1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 Tbl. Lemon juice
2 tsp. Vegetable oil
2 tsp. Minced fresh garlic
1 tsp. Minced fresh ginger
1/2 cup water
4 Tbl. Cornstarch
6 skinless chicken thigh fillets

  • Put chicken thighs in crockpot, pour other ingredients on top, except water and constarch.  Mix water and cornstarch in bowl and add to mixture, stirring to combine.
  • Cook on high 3-4 hours or low about 6 hours.
  • Cook rice and serve over rice.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily