Thursday, February 9, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie

This recipe comes from my Young Women's President back in high school who did a dinner exchange each week with my family and few other families. This was one of the meals that she would bring. It is a great Sunday meal at our house because I can put it in the crock pot before church and finish it up as soon as we get home. The use of toasted english muffins for the crust make it probably the easiest chicken pot pie ever! No stress about rolling out the crust and all that other stuff, just ladle your chicken mixture over your english muffin and start eating!

Really, this is one of my husband's favorite meals! And although he will eat pretty much anything, there are few things that he actually will ask for and this is one of them. And it really makes a lot. I usually invite people over for dinner when I make it and I don't even have to double recipe. Plus it reheats well, you just reheat the chicken mixture in the microwave, toast an english muffin while you are waiting and you are done.



Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
Servings: 6-8

4 Chicken Breasts             Diced potatoes
diced carrots                      1/2 - 1 tsp garlic salt
black pepper                     salt
onion                                2 cans cream of chicken soup
frozen peas                       chicken broth or milk
english muffins

Fill cooker 2/3 full of cut up vegetables  Lay chicken breasts on top.  Sprinkle with garlic salt, salt, pepper, and onion.  pour on 2 cans of cream of chicken soup.  Cook 4 –5 hours on high.  Stir together and shred meat.  Add frozen peas and thin with broth or milk as desired.  Heat another 20-30 minutes.  Serve over toasted english muffins.

I have always thinned with milk as I like it creamy, but I am sure that it would be great thinned with chicken broth as well. I hope you get a chance to try this recipe let me know how it turns out!

Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily