Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie

This pie can be described in two words. Simple and Delicious. Pretty good words right? I don't know about you, but it has mostly been in the 70's here for the last 3 weeks, and at 38 weeks pregnant I have had no desire to turn on the oven and cook. Which has left things very interesting come dinner time. Anyway, when I found out about our friends annual Pi Party (you know 3.14), I knew I wanted to make something refreshing.
And then I remembered this pie:

So perfect, just 3 ingredients and put it in the freezer. And I don't think there was anyone who didn't enjoy it.

Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie
Servings: 16 or 2 (9-inch) pies

1 can frozen pink lemonade concentrate
1 tub of vanilla ice cream (just a cheap, no-name brand one)
2 graham cracker pie crusts

Set your ice cream and pink lemonade out on the counter to soften. Don't let your ice cream melt completely. Once they have softened, pour the ice cream and pink lemonade into a large bowl and stir until well combined. You don't want any big chunks so just work with it for a few minutes. Then divide your pink lemonade ice cream mixture evenly between the 2 pie crusts and place in the freezer to set up until ready to serve. Once the ice cream has set just slice, serve and enjoy!

Variations: Because you are using vanilla ice cream, this recipe leaves a lot of room for variation. Try out some different juice flavors: like raspberry lemonade, regular lemonade, limeade, you could probably even try orange juice for a take on an Orange Dreamsicle Pie. (I have never tried it, but I bet it would work!) Also feel free to add some mix-ins like marshmallows or even fruit. You could add some frozen raspberries with raspberry lemonade concentrate and I am sure it would be great! You can also use a regular pie crust instead of graham cracker if you prefer. Get creative and have fun with it!

This is a great summer recipe so hopefully you can get some use out of it over the next few months to come. Make it for a party and share with friends and family, or just eat two pies yourself, I won't judge.

Let me know if you try it, or if there are other variations you have tried!

Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily