Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Easy Tortellini Dinner

I searched for some different ways to make Tortellini, I looked all through pinterest but I wasn't really finding just what I wanted. I also wanted a meal that could go together fairly quickly, because some nights you just don't have time in the kitchen. So I took inspiration from a few different recipes to create my own. The hubby really seemed to enjoy it and I was happy with the end result. The great thing is, you can change this recipe depending on what you have on hand with veggies and cheeses. Mine was pretty basic, but it tasted great and the leftovers were just as good.

First fry up some bacon......

Or pop it in the microwave, whichever is easier. I like to cut the bacon into chunks first and then fry it in the skillet, you definitely want it crispy to add some crunch to your pasta. Place the cooked bacon on a plate with a paper towel to soak up the rest of the grease and set aside.

While your bacon is frying, boil your water and get your tortellini cooking. Just follow packaged directions. I bought this family sized packaged of refrigerated Cheese-filled Tortellini. I used half the package and froze the other half to use for later. This way you can buy the tortellini a little cheaper and use it for two meals, or one depending on how many you need to feed.

Drain your pasta once it is cooked completely and return to your pot. Now add some Alfredo sauce. To make it easy I used half a jar of store bought Alfredo, but if you have more time make your own and it will add more flavor to your pasta. Then add in some cheese, I used mozzarella, like 1 or 2 handfuls. Then add in your bacon and some frozen peas (just eye-ball it) and lastly, salt and pepper to taste. Tortellini is such a hearty and filling meal you won't be able to eat too much.


Easy Tortellini Dinner
Servings: 4

4 slices of Bacon
1 pkg. Refrigerated Tortellini
1 jar of Alfredo Sauce
Mozzarella Cheese
Frozen Peas
Salt and Pepper

Cook bacon and crumble. Set aside. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add Alfredo sauce, cheese, cooked bacon, frozen peas and salt and pepper. Cook until heated through. Serve with a salad and garlic bread. Enjoy!

Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily