Friday, April 18, 2014

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

I know that there are about a million different recipes out there for this, but this is my go-to. It is great for parties and potlucks or just to have on hand. I can throw this together in about 5 minutes, but give it a couple hours in the refrigerator for the flavors to combine. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Makes about 8 cups of salsa

2 Cans Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
1 Can of Corn OR 2 Cups Fresh or Frozen (I use frozen)
1 Can of Rotel (Diced tomatoes with green chilies)
1/2 of a White or Red Onion chopped
1/2 bunch or so of chopped cilantro (I actually have used a few tablespoons of dried cilantro)
Diced Avocado (I omit this because I am mildly allergic to avocado, that is why it's not pictured)

Combine all above ingredients in a bowl.
Make vinaigrette and pour over salsa. Serve with Tortilla Chips.
Tastes best when refrigerated for a few hours or overnight.

Vinaigrette
1/4 c olive Oil
4 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
Juice of 1/2 lime or about 1 Tbsp.

Whisk together.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily